Friday Night Flies – Coconut Shrimp
Friday Night Flies – Coconut Shrimp. The Coconut Shrimp is a very simple bonefish fly that will catch fish on any flat. Make sure to tie this in a variety of weights using, lead, brad chain or brass dumbbells. Use a variety of wing and body colors to match the bottom of the flat that you are fishing. If it is grassy use more olives, chartreuse and greens. If the flat is sandy use more tans, sands and whites. Mix and match your favorite colors and add more or less rubber legs to make this a do it all fly. Just pick apart the fly as you fish it until you have something that the fish are wanting.
- Hook: Ahrex NS115 #6 or 8
- Thread: Danville 140 Shrimp Pink
- Eyes: Brass Small Dumbbell Eyes Black Nickel
- Tail: Chicone’s Crusher Legs Fl. Pink/ Clear
- Body: Lagartun Mini Flat Braid Fl. Pink
- Wing: Light Brown Zonker Strip
- Resins: Solarez Thin and Bone Dry.